Visit the adoptable Dogs or Cats Page. Click on the pet you would like to adopt. Fill out the adoption forms.
* We don't place animals 'first-come-first-serve'. We look for the best fit, however, we start at the top of the applications received for an animal and work our way down the list.
A board member from Apollo's ARC will contact you about your application and, if appropriate, set up a time for a virtual home check.
* Ensure that all people who will live in the home with the adoptable animal are aware of and agree on adopting and are present for the home check.
We will complete a virtual home check with you through a zoom meeting where you walk us through your home as if we were with you. Starting from opening the front door. We will want to see things like:
We will call three personal references (only 1 of which can be a family member and no one who will be living with the animal with you) and speak to them about how they know you and how they know you as an animal owner.
* We ask that two of the references are non-family members and that you make them aware that we will be calling them for a reference.
If we proceed to a meet, the first meet will be at the home of the foster, trainer, or at a neutral space, such as a park, if we are introducing animals. Animal meets will be done in a talked-about and proper way and only if we feel comfortable with the animal dynamics.
The second meet will be at your home. If appropriate, we will discuss adoption at this point.
* To ensure the best fit for our animals, we will continue meeting other potential adopters as the process with you continues.
If a dog is in board and training, we will ask that you meet us with the dog at the trainer's home or another agreed-upon location to work with the trainer prior to adoption.
* There could be as few as one meet or as many as three prior to adoption. The trainer then will then help acclimate your dog to your home and be available for future sessions.
If we agree on a trial adoption, your dog will be with you for 7 -10 days while we assess if the placement is a good fit. We will check in with you daily and set up training and in-home sessions if needed.
If the fit is a good one and we agree on a final adoption, we then will send to you our adoption agreement for your signature, which we also will sign and return to you.
If the animal you are adopting is unaltered (such as a younger puppy/kitten, a medical animal, or a mother with milk), we also will send you an alter contract for your signature.
* Our requested donation fee is $250, which is due at the ti of adoption. All fees go directly to the care of our animals. We may waive fees at times for various reasons.
The adoption is complete when the agreement is signed by both parties and you have paid the adoption fee. At this time, we will give you the belongings that will be coming with the animal, if any, and all medical and shelter paperwork.
* As part of our contract, we offer at least one training session for you and your animal to ensure that your transition goes smoothly.
* We will continue to check in on you and your new companion as you get to know each other.